Friday, February 12, 2010

Winter Storm Advisory

The forecast yesterday was for a storm to come in to Louisianna from the west leaving a 3-6 inches of snow. We figured we could still visit the national park and head west and not be in too much trouble and that most of the snow would come at night. It worked out fine for us. We ran into some snow on the way across Louisianna but it didn't really start coming down until we were almost to Tyler, Texas. It is snowing pretty good now (5:45 am) but I think we will drive out of the storm as we head NW to Amarillo today. We seem to pick the weeks with storms to travel west. Last year I-40 was closed for a few days due to snow/ice. This year it is I-20 that has the problem.

5 comments:

  1. Safe Driving. The locals drive like maniacs regardless of the road conditions. Must be because of all those wide-open spaces between towns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carry on! Warm sunny weather awaits you in Red Rock Country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, I've added a few more comments to the blog about the driving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael, looking forward to the warm, dry Sedona air.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was sick and wasn't on line. What a bunch of reading I have to catch up on with your blog.

    What fun, this vicarious living!

    (Snowing as I read this but both girls are napping!!)

    ReplyDelete